Allahabad High Court Conduct the RO (Review Officer) 2016 exam paper held on 08 Jan 2017 in this question paper 200 questions. General Study, English, Math and Hindi. Here AHC RO 2016 exam paper answer key.
Exam – Allahabad High Court RO (Review Officer)
Exam Date – 08 Jan 2016
Number Of Questions – 50
Subject – English
|Click Here View RO Full Exam Paper|
Allahabad High Court RO (Review Officer) Exam Paper 2016
1. Order the adverbs correctly and complete the sentence. Did you ______ (consider, having, ever) a baby?
(a) ever, consider, having
(b) consider, ever, having
(c) consider, having, ever
(d) having, ever, consider
2. ‘Ouch! The thorn has pierced my heel and it’s bleeding,’ she said. Choose the correct form of this sentence in reported speech.
(a) She exclaimed that the thorn had pierced her heel and it was bleeding.
(b) She shouted that her heel was bleeding and the thorn had pierced it.
(c) She anguished that her heel was bleeding after the thorn pierced it.
(d) She cried out saying the thorn had pierced her heel and it was bleeding.
3. A _____ of seagulls flew over the ship screeching raucously.
4. Replace the words in italics with the correct synonym. he read out the passage in a dull and unimaginative way.
5. She was the _____ of all eyes at the party.
6. Use the correct antonym of the word in italics. The old woman ate a frugal dinner and went to bed early.
7. Use the appropriate idiom to complete the expression. You may go home early if you are _____
(a) feeling a bit under the weather
(b) hitting the nail on the head
(c) sitting on the fence
(d) adding insult to the injury
8. A person who creates maps is known as a:
(d) Graph maker
9. Rearrange the adjectives in the brackets in correct order. They lived in a (old sprawling white house).
(a) white old sprawling house
(b) old white sprawling house
(c) sprawling old white house
(d) white sprawling old house
10. Ghaziabad is the _____ city in India.
(a) fast growing
(b) more fast growing
(c) most fast growing
(d) fastest growing
11. She ____ for a walk every morning to the park.
(a) is going
(c) has gone
12. They did not want to leave ……. to chance while deciding on the trip.
13. The Plastic surgeon was reputed to do a bangup job of lip enhancements. This sentence could be interpreted to mean:
(a) the plastic surgeon did a shoddy job of lip enhancements.
(b) the plastic surgeon did an unfinished job of lip enhancements.
(c) the plastic surgeon did an expert job of lip enhancements.
(d) the plastic surgeon messed up the job of lip enhancements.
14. Keep you friends close and your enemies _____
(c) far away
15. Choose the correct ‘sound’ word to describe. The _____ of strange and unfamiliar dialects at the market held my interest.
16. The correct order, if the following group of words are placed in a dictionary, would be:
(a) exaggerate, exodus, exasperate, excise, exciting
(b) exasperate, exciting, exaggerate, exodus, excise
(c) excise, exaggerate, exodus, exasperate exciting
(d) exaggerate, exasperate, excise, exciting, exodus
17. Which of the following is correctly spelt?
18. There are ____ takers for animal fur today, while ____ of the yesteryear stars were proud owners of mink coats.
(a) few, quite a few
(b) quite a few, a few
(c) few, a few
(d) a few, few
19. Which part of the sentence has errors in it? If one (A)/ has to live in society, (B)/ he must conform (C)/ to its rules. (D)
20. Complete the notice with the right word. Use of cell phones is _____ within the premises.